Friday, November 18, 2011

The 5 Love Languages - Gary Chapman

I struggled with rating this book. It's the kind of book that brings out the Book Snob in me, and I found myself hiding the cover when reading it in public. However, I also found it inspirational, and perhaps transformational, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in understanding and improving their relationships. I read it at the recommendation of someone I trust, after expressing my concerns about my relationship with my children. Though the book is written with the goal of improving marital relationships, the concepts can be applied to all sorts of relationships.

The negatives: the writing is a little condescending, the anecdotes get way too long making the book twice as long as it really needs to be.

The positives: the concepts expressed are powerful, I would recommend it to almost anyone, and it's one of the rare books that may actually change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment